Aveng Rail has developed a general purpose on-track maintenance machine. These machines, known as utility vehicles (UVs), are cost effective machines that can be used for multiple applications.
- Accommodates five people in the driving cabin and 12 people in the transit cabin
- Loading capacity of 3 tons of perway material.
- A separate 7m3 trailer fitted with a drain cleaner unit can be provided for the cleaning of drains
- Standard equipment on the UV:
- Heavy-duty eight tool tamping heads suitable for open track and switching tamping
- Telescopic crane for loading/unloading
- Rail saw, rail drill, impact wrench, welding machine and track jacks
- Storage bins for various other perway equipment
- Optional equipment that can be fitted to a UV on request:
- Sleeper replacing head
- Brush cutter
- Spot weed spraying
- 10 ton trailer
- Ballast regulating blade
- Back-actor for drain cleaning